Examinations and Credits Mathematics
Scientific Computingas well as issues transcripts and certificates of academic achievements.
- The instructors of the respective course are responsible for conducting examinations during the course of study.
- Generally, the examination board in the respective study program is responsible for the approval of coursework completed in another field or at another university, but it is compulsory to apply for this through the Office of Examinations and Credits. The student advisor will provide non-binding information in advance.
- Legally binding information can generally not be given via e-mail. Please address your inquiries to the Office of Examinations and Credits in person or in written form as a letter, stating your e-mail address, and enclose the necessary documents for their processing.
- Documents for your inspection and for preliminary information, as well as forms for a change of program and the bachelor or master program can be found compiled below, or otherwise in the Office of Examinations and Credits.
Examinations and Credits Mathematics and Scientific Computing
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205
Phone: +49 6221 54-14018
Fax: +49 6221 54-14015
Mon. 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Wed. 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Thu. 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Chairs of Examination Boards
FAQs Examinations and Credits
It is. In case of illness or other serious hindrances please contact your lecturer, best in advance of the examination.
That is different for different lecturers. Please ask your lecturer about the modalities.
Although we try to schedule the module examinations so that they do not overlap, we unfortunately do not always succeed. This applies in particular to the coordination with the examinations for the areas of application and second main subjects. If you are affected by such an overlap, please contact the respective lecturer in order to clarify the problem directly with them. A typical solution is that you only take one of the two exams and that your participation is confirmed by the lecturer. For the other course, this confirmation is then equivalent to a sick leave and you will be assigned an alternative date.
It is only possible to register for module exams, not for individual exams. If you are registered for a module examination that consists of a main exam and a post-exam, you will be assessed as failed if you fail to take the main exam without good reason (such as: illness, parallel exam in another lecture,...) and thus have one less attempt to pass the exam.
For the first notification of illness, a notification from the doctor is generally sufficient, unless the lecturer expressly wishes to have the notification of illness different. The latter is then noted on the course homepage.
In principle, this is not possible. However, there is a goodwill rule according to which you can take the exam admission with you if:
- the module in question is a compulsory module in your examination regulations,
- you took part in the exam and did not pass it,
- you take the next opportunity of an exam in this module.
If you want to make use of this rule when repeating the module, please contact the team for the relevant course early so that this can be taken into account.
No, this is expressly excluded in the examination regulations.
- If you failed a module examination for the first time, you can repeat it at least once. To find out how many repetitions are possible for your module, please refer to your examination regulations.
- If you have exhausted all permitted repetition options for a module and failed the examination, you have definitely failed this module. In the case of a compulsory module, you lose the right to be examined in your subject; in the case of an elective or elective module, you can replace the relevant module with an equivalent one.
- Our bachelor's degree programmes require you to take an orientation test. If you have not passed this at the end of your third semester, you will lose the right to be examined in your subject.
You can get a transcript of records by e-mail request to the responsible examination office.
All modules that are completed in the course appear in the transcript of records. Only the modules that are necessary for the respective degree appear in the certificate.
You can see your grades via the LSF of the university in the Notenspiegel (transcript of records) under the tab Prüfungsverwaltung (examination administration).
FAQs Contact Persons at the Faculty
- The student advisory service will mainly provide you with information. Topics are all questions about your programme, such as questions about the examination regulations, the module handbook or the processes at the faculty. In this context, the student advisory service also issues the necessary certificates. In addition, the student advisory service also serves as the first point of contact for general problems during your studies, for example if you have doubts about your studies or in the event of personal emergencies.
- The examination board is responsible for the recognition of study achievements and also decides on the approval of deadline extensions. You contact them through the respective examination office.
- Your achievements are administered in the examination offices. You can ask all questions about incorrectly or differently booked credits there. This also applies to achievements to be recognized from other programmes or from abroad, whereby these decisions are made by the respective examination board. You will also receive your transcript of records here. In addition, final theses are registered and submitted in the examination offices, and final certificates are issued.
- The deans of study are responsible for study planning, that is for ensuring that all types of courses are offered in sufficient quantities and that standard courses of our faculty offered in the same semester do not overlap. They are also the point of contact for serious problems in topics of teaching, such as serious complaints about lecturers.
- The student council is not an official body of the faculty, so you cannot receive any binding information here. On the other hand, this unofficial character together with the student perspective often enables a valuable addition to the knowledge of the faculty and the university. Since the student council represents the interests of the students in the faculty, they are also a good point of contact for problems with lecturers or current study planning. Furthermore the student council offers services such as script printing or collections of exam questions.
If you have general questions about your programme, it is best to contact the academic advisory service - but please also read the answer to the previous question. The best way to get information about current courses is directly from the respective lecturer.
- If you are studying in one of the programmes Bachelor Mathematics 100%, Bachelor Mathematics 50%, or Master Mathematics, the Mathematics Examination Board and the Mathematics Examination Office are responsible for you.
- If you are studying in one of the programmes Bachelor Applied Computer Science 100%, Bachelor Applied Computer Science 50%, or Master Applied Computer Science, the Computer Science Examination Board and the Computer Science Examination Office are responsible for you.
- If your programme is the Master of Scientific Computing, the Scientific Computing Examination Board and the Scientific Computing Examination Office are responsible for you.
- If your programe is the Master of Education, there is a central examination office for you at the HSE. However, the Mathematics resp. Computer Science Examination Office is responsible for the processing of services in your specific subject.
You can find the contact details of your examination office on their web page, or you can contact them by email using the general contact form (envelope on the right). Please contact your examination board through your examination office.
Exam and degree regulations mathematics
Forms Bachelor Mathematics
Please fill in completely, print out and sign!!!
Please submit with registration of Bachelor thesis.
Fill out and have supervisor sign
Please fill out completely, print out, and sign!!!
Forms Master Mathematics and Scientific Computing
Please fill out completely, print out and sign!!!
Please submit with registration of Master thesis
fill out and have supervisor sign
for Master thesis mathematics / scientific computing
Study credits Mathematics and Scientific Computing
this is provided as
Studienzeitanrechnungsbescheinigung by/for the University administration
Please include: Course/module description (in German or English) and course completion certificate (transcript, letter of instructor, ...)